This was a fun card to make because I was able to try out our new Shimmer Paint. The stamping is done on the inside using the Falling For Leaves set # 147680. Measurements & Directions for the card are as follows:
- Base – Merry Merlot Cut at 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 Score at 5 1/2
- Inside Very Vanilla Cut at 4 x 5 1/4 Stamp in the center with the “Thinking of You with a Grateful Heart” in the middle before attaching to the base.
- Top Layer Cajun Craze Cut at 4 x 5 1/4 Then embossed using Tin Tile Dynamic Embossing Folder. Shake the shimmer paint well and open. Us what is in the lid with your sponge dauber and sponge over the top of the embossed paper. This helped me to not use to much. If you find you need a little more just put the lid on again and shake and repeat. You can use as much or as little as you like. If you wish to apply in a thicker coat allow your paper to dry between coats to prevent curling.
- Using the 3 Thinlit dies from the Detailed Leaves Set Cut out of copper foil paper 1 large leaf and 1 thin one. Then out of Cherry Cobbler cut 1 large leaf and out of Pumpkin pie cut 1 of the thin taller leaves. The trim on the front is done with Merry Merlot.
- Once your cutting is done bunch up your leaves in a pattern that looks best to you or how I’ve done it on mine. Put a dot of Tombow between each stem and allow it to dry for a few minutes.
- Create your favorite style of bow using the Merry Merlot & Copper Ribbon and attach it to the grouping of leaves you made in the previous step.
- Attach your Trim cut at 1 1/2 inches from the bottom of the embossed layer . Then attach the leaves over the trim on the left side of the card. I found glue dots worked best for attaching because I could roll them in spots that would not show.
- Once the cover of your card is done attach it to the base with Stampin Dimensionals.
I hope you enjoy this card as much as I did. If you have any questions just send me a message and I’ll do my best to help you. If you would like to buy any of the products used here please click the links below.